Don’t D-I-Y Divorce
The recent case of Wyatt v Vince was a salutary tale for those contemplating divorce, and perhaps trying to save costs in the short term at the expense of long term liability.
Where reports have been made of people taking to DIY dentistry, removing their own teeth and performing painful procedures themselves to try and save money a parallel can be drawn with those now taking a DIY approach to divorce. With similar risks of long term harm to the patient.
1. YOU MAY MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE FINANCIAL CLAIMS ESPECIALLY FOR MAINTENANCE, PROPERTY OR PENSION
2. THE DIVORCE ITSELF DOESN’T RESOLVE THE FINANCES OR IN CASES WHERE THERE MAY BE FURTHER CONSIDERATIONS FOR CONTACT OR RESIDENCE OF CHILDREN THAT NEED RESOLVING
3. SOLICITORS HAVE CLOSE LINKS WITH OTHER PROFESSIONALS/EXPERTS SUCH AS MORTGAGE ADVISERS, IFA’S, COUNSELLORS TO COVER ALL ASPECTS OF RELATIONSHIP BREAKDOWN
4. NO TWO DIVORCES ARE THE SAME. ONLY A SOLICITOR CAN GIVE ADVICE TAILORED TO THE INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
5. THE COSTS OF A SOLICITOR ARE ALL RELATIVE. MOST DON’T CHARGE A GREAT DEAL FOR THE DIVORCE ITSELF. WHAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR IS THE ADVICE TO SECURE THE BEST FINANCIAL SETTLEMENT, AND WHICH OFTEN PAYS FOR ITSELF IN THE LONG RUN BY ACHIEVING A FAIR OUTCOME FOR THE CLIENT THAT EXCEEDS THE COST INVOLVED.
The rise of online divorce services may be a symptom of the credit crunch on separating couples’ pockets. But what the online services cannot provide is the expertise and tailored solutions that having your very own specialist family lawyer can offer.
At Paradigm Family Law, we deal with a wide range of cases from the (relatively) straight forward, uncontested divorce to the high value, complicated and contested matrimonial split. All are given the same high level of care and attention to detail and all clients are treated as individuals with a personal, individual level of service. They will have the same lawyer allocated to their matter who will stay with them throughout the case. They all benefit from a solicitor/client relationship that is second to none.
We believe that communication is key where the provision of legal services is concerned. We can tailor our service to suit the individual needs of the client, using all methods of communication from phone and fax to emails.
Most important of all is that at Paradigm Family Law, our solicitors are professionally qualified, trained and experienced in family law both domestic and international and can advise and assist clients who can be reassured that their needs are provided for absolutely.
Paradigm Family Law does everything it can to help clients to fund their cases at a level they can afford.
Our fixed fees are tailored to a client’s particular financial circumstances and will be set from Day 1 taking you to the end of the case.
We can offer finance through Resolution accredited finance house, Iceberg, for individual clients on a case by case basis. Our agreed fixed fee means that you can organise payments by standing order/direct debit to help spread the cost of the matter.
Access to justice
We believe that everyone should have access to justice and are doing everything we can to provide good quality advice on all aspects of relationship breakdown and fantastic value for money.
Do it today
Don’t try and do it yourself – it can be painful experience and mistakes cannot always be rectified afterwards. Get proper advice and help from someone in the know. Call Paradigm Family Law on 0845 6020422 or email us at [email protected] to speak to James or Frank and arrange a free initial consultation.